CURA does not accept previously published work (includes work published online).
Simultaneous submissions are acceptable as long as they are indicated as such and we are immediately notified upon acceptance elsewhere.
Upload only one file per submission. Please paste a brief biography (written in the third person and fewer than 100 words) in the "Cover Letter" section of your submission.
CURA only accepts online submissions.
Our reading period is from October 15 to March 12. Unsolicited submissions received outside of the reading period cannot be considered.
Any files that don’t adhere to our guidelines will be withdrawn from consideration.
Contributor Submissions are individual submissions solicited directly via CURA staff.
Creative Writing Guidelines
- Poetry: Single-spaced. 12 point standard font.
- Prose: Maximum 6,000 words. Double-spaced. 12 point standard font.
- Translations are welcome as long as permissions have been obtained from the author.
Visual Art Guidelines
- Please submit visual art that is in .jpg format and approximately 5 x 8 inches at 300 dpi resolution. 2MB size limit.
New Media/Video Guidelines
- Place your piece on YouTube or Vimeo and send us the link to your piece in a Word file. Or, submit in .jpg format and approximately 5 x 8 inches at 300 dpi resolution. 2MB size limit.